Thursday, April 26, 2007
Found a great book called 99 Ways to Cut, Sew & Deck Out Your Denim and this was a great find for me. This book shows you how to take a pair of jears or two and make some great digs. This jacket idea was in there so I had to try it. This bolero jacket was made from the legs of a pair of jeans. I then found some fabric at store that was going out business and used that as the trim for the cuffs and band. Will definitely go back to this book again.....
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
I made this bag for one of my co-workers. She had a pair of pants that were a little small for her, but she didn't want to part with them. I suggested that she make a bag out of them. She was game for the idea. I had her to bring them and during lunch I was going to show her how to do it. But, that didn't work so I ended up bringing them home w/ me to make for her. The end result-one very happy teenager. I cut the pants below the crotch and added a band of fabric that was from an old sheet( man, that sheet has been showing up everywhere). I quilted it before I added. The handles were made frm the legs of the pants w/ yep, more of the same sheet in between in each piece. Added a d- ring and voila-plaid messenger bag. She was really pleased and surprised at how it came out. Next WIP is a bolero jacket from a pair of jeans. Pics coming soon.....
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
I found a faux leather Old Navy skirt at the thrift store for a whopping $1.00. As if I didn't have enough bags, why not make one more!! The handles are stuffed w/ some stuffing from the stash. I didn't want to make it too big, so I decided to make it small enough to carry my makeup.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
I have not had a chance to do a lot of refashioning the last few weeks due to some personal issues. But, I have rebounded. My first refashion is not a new one, but nonetheless a good one. I had a tee shirt that was screaming for a refashion, so I turned it into a peasant style top. The pants were given to me by a friend so I shortened them a wee bit. The purse was made from some fabric in the stash that was given to me by by mom, using a great tutorial found on www.supereggplant.com. The lining was made from a bed sheet from a previous refashion project. Total cost for the outfit-ZERO!! Man, that felt great saying that!!I will probably do another tee shirt like this to wear with a skirt that I refashioned in my first two month pledge. As well as another purse, as I am such the acessory gal. I hope to post more soon as there are several works in progress.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
I have hit a dry spell and need some inspiration. I think that I need to so some SHOPPING this weekend. Of course, shopping for me is hitting some great thrift stores. I got a new catalog in the mail today so I will browse through that to see what lovely creations I can come up with. Until then.....
Monday, April 2, 2007
I found a sheet at a thrift store w/ the cute eyelet border. I then took the border and stitched it to the top of a pair of pants that were too short. The results, a cute peasant skirt.
I then took the bottom of the hemmed portion of the sheet and stitched it to a wrap skirt that was too short for me to wear out in public.
One sheet from the thirft store.....$1.50
Two skirts from the same thrift store...$3.50
Two skirts that no one else will have for the Summer....Priceless!!!