Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Purse Challenge

It's finished! I know, I know another purse, surprise. This was for the Pattern Review Challenge

The pattern used was McCalls M4400 McCall's Fashion Accessories.
Pattern Description:Bags, Hat and Accessories
Pattern Sizing:No size
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? It did look like the photo
Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were easy to follow. I had to read one step twice before I had that AHA moment when sewing the gussetts of the lining.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I didn't like the hand sewing when it came time to attach the lining to the purse.
Fabric Used: I used a quilted fabric from Joanns. The handles were made from a UFO that was still on my machine. The fabric kind of looks like suede.
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I didn't make any changes this time. If I make it again, I will add more pockets to the inside.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?Maybe, I think that my mom would like it.
Conclusion: Overall, a really cute purse and I like the look of the handle on the side. It's not just your usual tote bag.

No comments: