Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TOTE-TAKE 2



I've had this striped skirt in my stash for quite some time and couldn't think of what to do with it. I am all for the preppy look, but this was too much for moi. So... I chopped off a portion just above the hem and made this be the strap. I attached this w/ D rings. I kept the integrity of the top of the skirt so that the pockets could be used. The bottom was simply stitched across and and sewn across in the usual triangle stitch to give a boxy feel. Kinda reminds me of a messenger bag in a way. I have some pink fabric in my stash, so this will probably be the lining. I had some white 1/4" ribbon so I did a blanket stitch on the pockets (don't think that you can see this in the pics). This was a fun project, will definitely keep my eyes open to make something like this again.

No comments: